TN: 2008 Domaine de Mouscaillo Limoux (France, Languedoc Roussillon, Languedoc, Limoux)

Don’t have much of a vocab for this locale or the usual expression of this area but I’ll take a dip into the pool below, ask that anyone who wants to drop a reply back to fill in some of the context on this area or producer. Appreciate the read and replies.

• 2008 Domaine de Mouscaillo Limoux - France, Languedoc Roussillon, Languedoc, Limoux (5/13/2011)
    I had to add this vintage to the database, perhaps this wine is yet to really hit the street? I picked this up at Envoyer for less than 20 bucks (forgot exact price!), to serve at a work party. Smoky nose, bit of matchstick wafts out (was opened last night, sat in the bottle overnight so call it what you want). Medium weight palate with a fair amount of mineral and wet stones, some lemon notes fill in through the midpalate, quince and saline in the finish. This is very chablis-like in the finish and while I don’t have a lot of experience yet with Languedoc, if you served this to me blind, I’d guess chablis. There’s not much in the way of sweet or ripe here, which is where I find myself drinking nearly most of the time now so for that, I thank Greg for the referral as this wine showed true and transparent.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve had this wine in the '06 vintage and my impressions were pretty much like yours. It was very chablis-like in the way of chalky minerality. Very good QPR.