TN: 2008 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sonoma County (USA, California, Sonoma County)

• 2008 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (9/11/2011)
    Opened on a whim, despite my vows to give Morgan’s Syrahs a bit more time. This one delivered in a big way. Right off, there is no doubt that this is Syrah. Lots of meat, dense brambly fruit, a bit of menthol or brush, a touch “animalistic”, but well-balanced. Modest tannins, worked very well with food. This continued to open up and morph over 4+ hours, so feel free to give it some air. Also, no hurry on this one…could easily go 3-5 years, but no shame in cracking it now. Absolute QPR crusher.

Posted from CellarTracker

• 2008 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (11/14/2011)
    This bottling was the first Bedrock I ever opened, and given the price I immediately went back for the rest of my case allocation. It’s difficult to believe now, after drinking this bottle, I only have 2 left. Decanted this a few minutes before drinking with a fire-roasted tomato sauce & pasta. The opaque inky purple-garnet and meaty nose let you know this is Syrah. On entry I’m greeted by zingy, new-world blue & red fruits well-balanced by acidity, subtle eucalyptus, then the meaty backbone comes for support. Oak is well integrated and shows as a subtle smokiness in the background. Finish is mouth-drying and tannic, but it’s not noticeable if you’re enjoying this with food. Plenty of life but it’s in a a really good place right now, for those wondering which Bedrock reds to enjoy young. Thoroughly enjoyed this bottle and wishing I had more!

Posted from CellarTracker