TN: 2007 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Rosé Brut

• 2007 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Rosé Brut - France, Champagne (4/11/2020)
    This is salmon in color with a very fine mousse with some of the tiniest bubbles I think I’ve seen in Champagne in quite some time. Scents of cinnamon stick, lead to soft floral notes rolling out of the glass. Flavors of ruby-red grapefruit, macintosh apple, and a hint of salinity linger as the wine draws out the finish. The finish seems to span out and broaden before pulling everything back together leading to a long and focused finish. Outstanding!!!

Posted from CellarTracker

Agree; it is an absolutely gorgeous Champagne. Bought a fair amount recently, and been going through it far too quickly.

This was one of the few wines that I’ve emailed my buyer to re-buy again while I was drinking the bottle. I know 2008 is the “it” vintage, but I think I realized this NYE that I like “off” vintages more often in the first 5-10 years. I may want the “great” vintages 20+ years out…but for enjoyment this was truly something special.

2007 isn’t an off vintage for Comtes Rose and compared to some other luxury Rose’s still a fair value.