TN: 2007 Ruffino Modus Toscana IGT (Italy, Tuscany, Toscana

• 2007 Ruffino Modus Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (2/25/2011)
    I was excited to try this wine due to the WS96 and the QPR that I thought it represents. Purchased for $21 at the San Diego Costco. First day: Dark garnet in color. Pop and pour into Riedel Cabernet glasses. The nose was extremely muted and had a metallic scent. Wasn’t getting much on the palate and I decided to wait for Day2.

Day 2: Much nicer nose. Black cherries…pleasant nose. On the palate, sour cherries, coffee, minerals, and spice. The finish is medium and pleasant. I prefer some of the Chianti Classicos and definitely the Brunellos over this Super Tuscan. I was expecting a lot. In my book, a 96 pointer should represent a Solid A, A+. This was a B+ wine to me. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

[cheers.gif]

• 2007 Ruffino Modus Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (12/23/2010)
    Thanks for nothing, SUCKling. The creamy and bright fruit notes from the Cabernet and Merlot components of this blend get along with the sharp and sour Sangiovese flavors like Barney Frank gets along with Michelle Bachmann. Whoever first had the idea of adulterating good Sangiovese in this way should be drowned in the Mediterranean. The only reason I am not giving this wine a lower score is because it is technically well-made. (79 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Am I pushing an agenda with this note? Yep. Do I care? Nope. [cheers.gif]