TN: 2007 Ridge Zinfandel Pagani Ranch (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley)

• 2007 Ridge Zinfandel Pagani Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (4/16/2011)
    14.3% alcohol. 92% Zinfandel, 5% Alicante, 3% Petite. From an exceptional historic vineyard planted in 1902. Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first American President to ride in an automobile when he rides a Columbia Victoria through Hartford, Conn.

Medium ruby red. Bright red fruit aromas. Flavors of Rasberry, black cherry, pepper and spice. Rich, pure, deep. Wonderful mouthfeel. Lingering aftertaste.

This is a great entry historic vineyard. Why? It is very generous and lush. A crowd pleaser. A major attraction is the producers that flock around this gem. Like Ridge, Bedrock and Carlisle. One of my favorite historic vineyards. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Mike,

Could not agree with you more about the quality and history of the Pagani vineyard. I am very excited as I just reached an agreement to purchase Mourvedre grapes from some of their 100 year old vines. We plan on doing a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Moruvedre in 2011 and having fruit from the Pagani Ranch is a dream for us.

Thanks to Mike Officer for recommending us to the owners.

Hi Jim, I’m already looking foward to the '011 Jemrose Pagani GSM! Also looking forward to seeing you and Gloria in Monterey at the end of May.

As you know, Pagani is a marvelously complex vineyard - more information on it can be found here: http://historicvineyardsociety.org/pacini-vineyard/