TN: 2007 Palmina Arneis Honea Vineyard (USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley)

• 2007 Palmina Arneis Honea Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (6/16/2009)
    In the never ending quest for summer quaffers, I picked this up for a try. A touch of something chemical when I first opened, that immediately blew off. Light straw color with a touch of yellow/gold… the nose was a bit subdued, reminded me of a chinen. green apple, lime, honeysuckle and wet pebbles. In the mouth, green apples, honey, fresh flowers, and a touch of minerality/saline. Decent acidity. On the fence about going back to buy another. (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice, Brad. I am a fan of Palmina wines - their Malvasia Bianca is fantastic, for example, as are most of their reds. This wine, however, didn’t really do it for me either, particularly when considering the other fine Italian varietals they put out.

funny you should say that, Todd… Brad is my brother which is one of the reasons why I have been “BC” for 40 years [drinkers.gif] … there is a local shop that carries some of the Palmina wines, and i purchased a couple other bottles to try (in the name of science)