TN: 2007 Joseph Drouhin Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Petits Mon

• 2007 Joseph Drouhin Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Petits Monts - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru (5/26/2010)
    A stunningly fresh and pure, quintessential red fruited Vosne. Transparent in every way, and rocking right out of the pop and pour gate. The group of people I opened this wine for had no experience with Burgundy… as soon as I opened and smelled and tasted, a dark cloud came over me and I became like Gollum/Smeagol lording over his golden ring. Needless to say, sharing was managed, but it was very tough. If you like pure, fresh, and transparent wines, I highly recommend this wine. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

it’s really Veronique’s wine–it can indeed be at a grand cru level. Unfortunately the price now matches the quality.
alan

Charlie,
Thanks for the note on this, really interesting stuff. I absolutely love this wine in most vintages, but have had a hard time finding it since '02. It’s really caught on.

Cheers,
-Robert

Speaking of the '02 version, has anyone tried one recently? I would assume it’s closed up tight but who knows with 02.

had one last year. It depends how you like em. Great fruit. Plush plum and vosne spice. No tertiary development though.

Thanks for that great note. I was underwhelmed by the 2006 edition, tasted several times last year. Perhaps at an awkward stage, I hope a little time will flesh it out some. My TN (in part)… “She is a bit too petite in the monts, perhaps some kleenex stuffed in her bra would help, but nice long legs and good personality…”

BTW, I paid $80, not pocket change but not expensive IMO for a Vosne 1er cru of this stature. So this particular purchase was not grand cru price, not grand cru quality IMO.

Lew, you are right, $80+ “affordable” with your caveats plugged in… but it better be good. This one was to me. I’m sorry that the 2006 needed a little more halten for the busen;), if you will