TN: 2007 Jean Edwards Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Seventy Four - Forty One Napa Valley

• 2007 Jean Edwards Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Seventy Four - Forty One Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (4/17/2010)
    This has a bright red/carmine color. A fantastic nose of sweet style-darkish red fruits and cola, a combo I really love. Somewhat bright and lively, there is a pure elegance that shows on the nose alone. On the palate there is the red leaning fruit profile: black cherries, some dark currant, some red plums and a hint of Chinese apple. A super expressive wine that has tons of life ahead. A hint of vanilla and cherry cola. There is a touch of kirsch as well! The tannins are just a wee edgy but the balance of the whole package is so satisfying and pure. A medium to medium-light weight which is welcome from a Napa cab. Structured and pure, this has life and vitality. A long finish that keeps the fruits going straight on through to the other side…
    I am thrilled with this. Can you tell? (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Any one else grab this when offered back in February? This particular bottling is sourced part from Ink Grade vineyard.

I bought a mixed 6-pack to tuck away for a year or so. It was hard to pass up with the free shipping, etc.

Mike - thanks for the great tasting notes and glad you enjoyed the wine!!! I might have to ask you to write some release notes on our 08 wines…

Cheers.

Karen

:slight_smile:

Get us an 08 overnight, my CLONYC group will give you 9 sets of release notes tomorrow night…
[basic-smile.gif]