TN: 2007 Jaffurs Syrah

• 2007 Jaffurs Syrah - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (6/8/2009)
    Just delicious. Almost black in color. Gorgeous nose of game, black fruits and oak. Full bodied wine that just coated the mouth and turned my wife into what I like to call “The purple toothed monster.” She’s not a fan of that… [wow.gif]

Anyway, big and bold with a TON of dark fruits and just a bit of chocolate leading to a nice spicy finish with great aicidity and ample tannins that were still there 5 hours after opening. This is going to age quite nicely, IMO.

Posted from CellarTracker

The price on this Syrah was pretty damn good. They sold out almost immediately after the WS score came out O_O. Looking forward to the other Syrahs from them in 07. One of the few wine clubs I’m in!

Charlie,
I’ve been on there mailing list for about 2 years and have almost never been disapointed. Their Verna’s syrah can stand up to anyone else’s syrah out there.

Phillip,
That picture is too cute…

Yoni,

Do you take advantage of their ‘futures’ offerings? Always a good deal . . .

And for those of you NOT on their list, you can still buy futures offerings through the WineHound/WineHouse SB Futures events . . .

Cheers!

Discovered Jaffurs early this year when my wife and I had 2006 Verna’s. Great stuff and agree on everything that Yoni said. Already bought futures (2007) of Verna’s and Bien Nacido.

I take advantage of the Futures offering for the Upslope. Since I’m already on the ‘designate syrah’ mailing list, I get the others during the course of the year with a 15% discount.

The futures offering is good, especially if you are part of the mailing list/club since you get both discounts applied.

I have gone thru almost a case of this, a very rare thing for me. I love it and it is still around locally (about $31 Ohio). I have heard the single vineyards from 07 are off the charts good. I am looking forward to trying them. Great guys too!