TN: 2007 Core Elevation Sensation Alta Mesa (USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County)

• 2007 Core Elevation Sensation Alta Mesa - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (4/20/2010)
    I really love this wine. My earlier note: Crystal clear, medium ruby red. A heady and somewhat exotic perfume of red fruit and incense. A red fruit explosion on the palate - rasberries, red cherries, cranberries and asian spice. Very pure, focused and wonderfully balanced. Great finese - would go well with food or alone. Dave Corey is one of California’s most underrated Grenache producers. I’ve always loved Elevation Sensation and this is no exception. Note to myself - buy more in 08! Stands! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

This and Mister Mouvedre are both fantastic wines…

My two Core favorites as well!

Great TN. Loved the '06. Sounds like this could even be a step up. Will have to track a few down.

Dave is doing specials via Facebook for those on his friends list (actually, friends of Core Wine Co), and I’ve been waiting for Mister Mouvedre. I think Elevation Sensation was recently part of a few others he offered.

I buy this wine every year - delicious!