TN: 2007 Coche-Dury Meursault Les Vireuils Domaine et Selection

• 2007 Coche-Dury Meursault Les Vireuils Domaine et Selection - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (12/22/2018)
    Knockout nose of truffle butter, white peach and a flinty citrus element. Amazing. Piercing and linear on the palate, crisp and lemony with a lithe texture and mouth feel. Everything a white burgundy should be. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Lovely wine Larry. I reckon I have one bottle left in the cellar somewhere. Bought these from 1er Cru many years ago.

Sounds great Larry.

How similar are these to the domaine wines?

Do you know where the fruit is from?

Fred,

Here’s a description of the location of the vines and the relationship with Coche:

“My Private Wine Note: Dear valued customer

Please find details of the 2007 vintage soon to be released.

This is the 12th vintage from my vineyard, Meursault les Vireuils Dessus. Our 6.54 ouvrees produces annually around 1400 bottles, 700 bottles sold under my label, Domaine et Selection with the remaining 700 bottles sold under the Coche Dury label by Jean Francois Coche Dury.

My vineyard is under contract of sharing the crop with Domaine Jean Francois Coche Dury in Meursault and has been since the production of our first vintage, the 1996.

All of the work in the vineyard is done by Coche and his crew, including the harvest (in which I participate) and finally, all of the work in the cellar (elevage) and bottling. The payment for his work and service is 50% of the total production of my vineyard every year.

Jean Francois works several small various parcels in Meursault that he declares as straight Meursault and not the Lieu dit (Vireuils Dessus for example) - this means that I do not have the legal right to put Vireuils Dessus on the front label but can add it to the back label, as you can see. For Jean Francois, this is only to save bureaucratic paper work and various declarations that you have to complete in order to comply with the necessary laws in France when making wine or any alcohol based liquid. Please note that this has nothing to do with quality - the Vireuils Dessus is, as you all know, a sensational wine from a superb vineyard that continues to produce elegant and high mineral based wine. It is the last vineyard to be harvested every year and is probably the Meursault that keeps longest, with a life span of at least 20 years and possibly up to 30 years of age.

The letters JF Cd in Meursault that are shown on the bottom of the label stand for the Domaine above and this wine should not be sold, nor advertised, as Coche Dury - this wine is Domaine et Selection made by Coche Dury.

Thank you for purchasing our wines.

Yours truly

Johan Bjorklund”

Here’s a photo of the label.

Did johan stop making domaine et selection wines?

Spectacular Larry!

Thank you.