TN: 2007 Carlisle Zinfandel Montafi Ranch

2007 Carlisle Zinfandel Montafi Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (9/17/2013)
Ah, the tell-tale Montafi (ex-Feeney) nose, deep fruit compote with a unique dried herb note; palate is rich and intense, but somehow maintains an elegant restraint, dark, spicy zinberry, bit of tar and anise, and fascinatingly complex notes of what must be the far upriver source of that dried herb nose, with good acidity that adds a mouthwatering zing through the finish. Hard to put down, an outstanding Zin, seemingly in a great sweet spot for drinking. I wouldn’t hesitate to open one now, or hold for several years, but I love the freshness this shows at the moment. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Alan. Makes me want to go down to the cellar and try to find one!!

Do it! And those words “go down to the cellar” make me very envious :wink:

One of the best Zins I have ever had , Carlisle or other, thanks for the note Alan.

Agree with Dale. Probably time to have a short love affair with my last bottle of it and wish it farewell with a couple good friends. Thanks for the note, Alan.

Frank, I’ve got 2 more, any time!