TN: 2007 Carlisle Zinfandel Carlisle Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley)

• 2007 Carlisle Zinfandel Carlisle Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/6/2010)
    After trying to enjoy a bottle of wine over the last two nights (lord knows i tried), i needed a mini slump buster, and this wine did not disappoint.

The 2007 Zinfandel Carlisle Vineyard (which was planted in 1927) is a blend of 92% Zinfandel and 8% mixed blacks (meaning Carignane, Petite Sirah, Grand Noir, and Alicante Bouchet).
14.8% Alcohol. 550 cases made.

Reddish purple in color. A fantastic nose sweet raspberries, flowers and a touch of brambry earth immediate upon opening (then faded). Not the most complex/extracted Carlisle I’ve had, but it has great ballance between sweet fruit (more red), acidity and tannins/spice. It may get a little better over the short term, but IMHO this is not a long term ager… i’ll drink my other bottles in 1-5 years.
(90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note Brett and thanks for sharing. I suppose I’ll let mine rest for a while even though it sounds very good already.

David

Hey David,

Some of the other notes in CT were thinking it might “gain weight” with a little cellar time (of course, this came in the most recent shipment so i failed to show much restraint)… i really don’t know if it will, but i am fortunate enough to have a few more bottles to revisit… probably in a couple months while the weather is still red wine weather.

BC