TN: 2007 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve

• 2007 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/11/2010)
    The single best Beaulieu Vineyard Georges de Latour Private Reserve I have ever had, and I had many. Dark an ominous. A nose of all black cassis, lead pencil, black plum and cola. The palate shows a deep and focused Cab with gobs of layers that keep evolving. Cool licorice and black cassis with Kirsch & Framboise, plum, and tar. This is a serious wine that deserves 10 minutes of pure meditation, and then hours of continuous enjoyment. There is some complicated nuances of oak with some underbrush present; some cocoa, cedar box, and tea-leaf. The tannins keep the complication alive as they are omni-present and luxurious. there is a sweet underlying quality that I really like; there must be at least 5 layers to this wine. A medium to full-throttle leaning mouthfeel that has almost a ‘sweet and cool’ lushness to it. The finish just…goes. This is a show stopper; the schnizzle we all ever really wanted from GdL. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

sounds great!

Thanks Mike, sounds delicious. Will stop by Costco, Im sure I’ve seen this one there.

you sure you got the vintage right?

newhere

Yep. '07 [cheers.gif]
Wednesday the CLONYC gang meets for 14 more 2007s.

maybe you will see the light after Wednesday

One can hope. [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

This sounds like the perfect holiday gift for my boss, who I always get a bottle of wine for each year and I couldn’t decide what to get this year. Thanks for the timely note Mike! [thankyou.gif]

Finally, showed up at Costco. Picked up 1 bottle, not very happy about the price at $80, as I was expecting to find it around $65.

Must be a vacay week… King cab raves about a 03 & 07!

(as I plan to drink both…)

I finally tried the wine and…Mike’s note is spot on! Fantastic wine, extremely smooth on the palate, full of fruit and spice, no holes in this wine, from attack to the long finish.

This wine is lights out. Had it blind, insane stuff. I agree. This is the best BV GDLT in a long time.

Yep, nice stuff. Which reminds me, I got to get some more…
:slight_smile:

I’ve been wanting to try this since Parker gave it a big score, especially since it seemed to come out of nowhere. Been a while since this wine was considered elite.

What really blows me away is that in addition to the two remaining excellent Rutherford bench vineyards they still have, they use to also have Georges III, Staglin and Las Piedras (Beck IV) in their stable as well. What a dream.

Had it at BV a while back. Didn’t wow me at all. Maybe it is starting to come alive. Will try to find it cheap and see.

Thanks for the note and I am glad this is coming back. I had a 1976 that was mind blowingly good about 3 or 4 months ago. Of course, I have a soft spot for this wine as after I got engaged - we had a couple of glasses of this with friends - thought do not remember the vintage.

Q… has anyone tried the 97 recently. I have a few bottles and have not tried any since release.

Loved the 1980 and 1982, while the 86 really sucked. I have not bought since and then TCA taint issue kept me at bay plus the +$100 price tag. I paid like $16 for the 80…ah the good ole days.

I had one in the last year and it was uninspiring. But I do not like that style of wine.

Have had the 2007 BV Georges de Latour about 3 times now. 2 times it showed very well, one time shutdown. Think it is a significant departure in style when you taste back and contrast against wines from the 60’s to 90’s. Post 2000, probably their best effort. Tend to personally prefer the more “old school” style of Georges de Latour. An outstanding, and perhaps surprising vintage IMO is the 1967. Have had this two times recently and was blown away how delicious it was!