TN: 2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard

• 2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Garys’ Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (8/24/2009)
    Popped and poured and consumed over the course of a couple hours. Very rich with lots of dark fruit that show almost a candied element on the nose. Full bodied, thick and powerful with a touch of heat on the back end. Based on my personal mental and slightly wobbly physical state when the bottle was finished I will say that I think there is a lot more alcohol in this beast than the 14.8% indicated on the label. Despite all of that, we enjoyed this quite a lot and it’s probably one of our favorites of the 06 KBs that we’ve had so far. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Funny part about the alc # and you wobbling. Nice. I actually like the Garys’, having recently tasted the 2007, as well. Rob, I think the 2006 Koplen is still my best bottling from that KB vintage. Would be interested to hear if you have tried it or not yet.

LOL… funny cause in my ‘grey market’ 6 pack I ended up with 2 Amber Ridge instead of 1 + a Koplen. :frowning: