TN: 2006 Dönnhoff Norheimer Kirschheck Riesling Spätlese (Germany, Nahe)

• 2006 Dönnhoff Norheimer Kirschheck Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Nahe (8/28/2011)
    Not bad. Took this to an afternoon/early evening BBQ as an aperitif. Shows nice fruit, acidity, and lemon, peach, and crushed rocks. The wine in this bottle seemed a little too fat and voluptuous for my taste. Not one of the banner Doennhoffs I’ve had so many times. That said, it is still a very pleasant drink and I can see it getting better with some age. How much I am not sure since the wine seemed a little simple, but medium term cellaring could be in order.

Posted from CellarTracker

I really think the 2006 German Rieslings from good producers have a breat future. Lots of acid and lots of extract. We just need to wait for the sugar/fat to melt away. That could be a while though.

Actually had this monday while watching football and I loved it, although you are right on it being a tad simple at the moment, but it still gives pleasure and was delicious with the cheese plate.

Man oh man do I love Kirschheck. I don’t now that any of them will ever be able to age in my cellar, but they are darned delicious young!