TN: 2005 Roulot Meursault Vireuils

stony acidic smoky Meursault with no nuttiness, not at all fat or alcoholic like some 05 whites, it is a young white drinking well tonight–great length on this lieux dit wine. Haven’t had this vineyard other than chez Roulot. Wonder if the vineyard name is French for virile (characterized by strength and energy)!

I have not had good luck with 05 Roulot lieux dit. They also seemed so flabby and boring. Maybe I caught them in a dumb phase as I haven’t opened one in a couple of years.

I guess I’ll have to correct that :smiley:

Alan…THE wine that propelled me into Burgundy…mainly White Burgs 7+yrs ago…Fu…probably had 7 or so of the 05’s…ALL have been fresh and amazing, except maybe one closed …couldn’t be more fond of these! My last note…

• 2005 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (5/16/2015)
    Mike Grammer comes to town (Galletto Ristorante, Modesto Ca.): At first seemed a whiff of cork, but really a false alarm……super coiled, could have used a day decant……but when it came out to play…wonderful tight limestone minerals, crushed rocks…lemon lime citrus…so fresh and tangy…little cream giving a nice feel……match strike and honey nuances. Might be slumbering right now….like the little engine that could…just kept giving more and more, little by little as the day went on….wish I had more to follow in a few more years! +pts (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Really glad you had a good one. I opened my lone 05 Perrieres on a birthday, and it was mildly/moderately premoxed. I’m pretty much through buying white Burgundy over the ~$50 price point.

Aged or Young? While I rarely drink anymore, I tend to like younger wines. Very enjoyable opened for dinner on the 30th of May after a graduation party of good friends daughter.
roulot.jpg

Dave…??? :frowning:

Dave, mine was an 05, like the other Alan’s, which is why I chimed in. I can’t quite read the label on yours, but it looks like a 13. I’d happily drink that :slight_smile: