TN: 2005 Roar Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands

• 2005 Roar Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (12/19/2012)
    This bottle is pretty consistent with my previous one. Reduction spoils the nose of this cloudy wine. On the palate, sweet red plums on the attack, followed by earthy florals. A bit disjointed and acidic. And the finish has a bite to it. (83 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Bailed on ROAR after the '03 vintage. Simply too many clunkers.

No doubt this was declassified juice, but I feel it probably should have sold off rather than bottled as an appellation wine.

The 05 Roar Gary’s was one of the most memorable cal pinot’s I have ever come across. Agree they are hit or miss but when the are good…

I’m kind of the partial to the Roar Syrahs especially the Rosellas. I’ve had some very good pinots too.

Also in the camp this should not have been sold to consumers who know the brand from their Garys’, Pisoni or Rosella’s bottlings. This wine turned me off to the label in some ways.

Paul, are you working through some of your 5-7 year old CA stuff now? I remember that period when we were buying together some of the wines you are posting on the past few weeks. I am along for the ride so keep going.

Frank, your new avatar scares me.

Brady, Ben-Israel is the G. [good.gif]

agreed. fantastic wine.