TN: 2005 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Romirasco (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

Very good, and more elegant than I’d supposed, but really, this needs more time; Audozed 4 hours. The nose is profound, effusive, it’s pretty much all one could want. The best part, for me was that while it began with high-pitched floral perfumes, it then moved into more soil-driven notes some 15 minutes later, and then into more herbal, slightly savory tones another 15 minutes beyond that; this cycle continued through the final sip some 2 hours later. Medium+ bodied, vg acidity, med+ length, with super-fine tannins that are mostly integrated. Based on this bottle, I think I’d prefer to see a drinking plateau of 2023-3031, even if it will still be drinking after that; I’ll open my next one in 4-6 years. The 14,5% abv. is fully integrated, the fruits are red vs black. If you’ve got several, by all means, open one now. highly recommended

https://www.italianwine.blog[/list]
Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for reminding me. I believe that I still own a few.

Thanks for the note Tim,
I have bought a few vintages of the Romirasco but never cracked one. I do have Cicala and colonello from '05 so your note is very helpful.