TN: 2005 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières

• 2005 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (11/9/2018)
    This is a great bottle! Super rich and creamy, with well integrated reduction, smoke and vanilla bean, yet a little more oak spice protruding at first making it somewhat edgy…a little air rounds it out nicely, creams up the bright and golden orchard fruits, and displays the vineyards softness and finesse feel. Plenty verve with the lemon/lime citrus and crushed limestone and slate…wonderful salinity…pretty florals of honeysuckle, menthol, orange blossom, dried honey. Continues to gain and gain in the glass…every sip is more polished than the last…a balance of aged richness and youthful exuberance. A lovely Meursault! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

sounds great, Buzz. I’ve been enjoying a small stash of 05 Charmes from P-Y C-M.

Grand cru vineyard…should be

I’ve had several PYCM wines from the 2005 vintage including the Montrachet and all have been spectacular. I wish I had bought a lot more - the 2005 vintage from PYCM seems to be tightening up a bit.

I drank all my 2004 -2008 PYCM…somewhat regret it, but all were delicious so hard to argue other than maybe just should have more.

05 Roulot Boucheres was surprisingly elegant and balanced. One would never guess it was from a warmer vintage. Perhaps 05 white burg isn’t as bad as initially reported.

Buzz, what are you talking about here? I’m confused, and maybe I don’t fully understand reduction…but I thought of it as a flaw, like a burnt rubber scent on a red.

Thanks for the help…Kirk