TN: 2005 Outpost Cabernet Sauvignon True Vineyard

• 2005 Outpost Cabernet Sauvignon True Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain (1/28/2017)
    Decanted four hours in the cellar, mostly in the cellar at 58 degrees. In addition to the air, the decant was crucial because there is a lot of sediment. Maybe half a teaspoon. This wine has lost a lot of its baby fat and has a flavor profile of red pit fruit, raspberries and some cedar wood. Strong acidity. Good balance. Dark color. We debated how long of a life it had left. At least 10 years, probably more like 20. Rebecca thinks it has reached its peak.I think it is still on an upward curve for another decade. No classic signs of cabernet age (leather, earthiness). A great wine to drink with a grilled boneless NY strip steak. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Wonderful notes Jay. Sounds like a splendid experience

Nice Jay! Had the same bottle a couple years ago and it was solid…even with somewhat unideal storage conditions (sitting on a shelf cork-up in a random/small market with a surprising wine selection at the time from release until I purchased it right before drinking).

Sadly the only True Vineyard I’ve ever had. Probably should fix that sometime soon

LOVE this wine right now!