TN: 2005 Nicolas Potel Pommard 1er Cru Les Fremiers

Posted from CellarTracker

I opened an 05 Bourgogne last night that is still tight today. Not super surprised.

That’s a shame…I’m sorry to hear. In another 5-10 years it should really be singing. Do you have more?

Too bad. I think Potel knocked it out of the park in 2005… But I haven’t tried Fremiers. To be sure, in my mind, 2005 might be the last vintage in my cellar that I would today. I would surely drink older or younger wines.

That sucks T, sorry to hear about that as I also think this is probably in a shut down phase. Curious as to why you gave it 82 pts? I think I have two bottles of this in my cellar so was there anything you noted in the positive?

Not all 2005 seem to be shut down.
A Sylvie Esmonin GC-Village form old vines was surprisingly accessible yesterday. Structure, acidity and tannins not completely integrated, but due to the stuffing of the wine nicely drinkable. Maybe because the bottle was a split and Esmonin is on the modern side…

It’s the vintage that’s the lottery - Nicky really did ace most things in that vintage - I find it worth checking cellartracker, a note like Tom’s is quite a red flag!