TN: 2005 McHenry Vineyard Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard

• 2005 McHenry Vineyard Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (6/11/2009)
    Another bottle that is just a fantastic, balanced pinot. Medium purple color. The nose has some pine and orange zest. On the palate, a very soft entry and then it expands quickly - red fruit (cherry, strawberry, cranberry) with a touch of spice that lingers for a good bit before fading. An excellent pinot and an unbelievable QPR IMHO.

Posted from CellarTracker

Agreed. A Berkeley retailer turned me onto this pinot two years ago. And pinot isn’t something that floats my boat often. Thanks for the TN.

Nice Jeff.
I thankfully jumped on this train in time to get some '05s. They are awesome as jeff has said here. The QPR is off the freakin charts at $27.
Can’t wait to get my hands on some more McHenry.

I’m on the train as well. I’m not as big of a fan of the 06s as I am the '05s. But overall, I’m still scratching my head as to why they don’t have a bigger following.

Are the selling the '06 direct?
I never asked Linda about the '06.

'06s? I’m still waiting to hear back from Linda about getting a few more bottles of the '05. I’ll be buying the '06s - I’m sure, even if a step down from the '05s, they will be worth the money. Does anyone know if there be only an estate again, or will there be a Swan Clone back in the lineup?

They simply don’t produce enough wine to gather enough followers together.

I love going by there on the SCMWA Passport weekends to taste in the concrete bunker.

I tasted the 06 swan clone at an event, very nice and I agree absolutely worth the money and then some.

I saw in a thread somewhere that they still had 40 or so cases of the 05 estate.

Not sure when they are releasing the 06…haven’t heard anything.

Yeah. Linda sent out email, we’re waiting to see if our wishes are granted. I’d gladly take more '05.