TN: 2005 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Bougros Cote de Bouguerots

• 2005 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Bougros Cote de Bouguerots - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (11/19/2017)
    Simply put, this beauty was firing on all cylinders last night. A true Grand Cru experience, the complexity that unfolded as the wine warmed was extraordinary, showing more and more layers and evolution that seemed to result in my tasting it slower and slower to savor the proceedings. For me, the CdB / CdB niche is a certain richness but with zero sweetness, cool minerals and other geological stuff. Interestingly, I didn’t get any of the maritime traits – see breeze and the like – but at no point did this not taste like anything other than a GC Champ. Sorry for the double negative. Long, long finish. What a wine! Top 3 Fevre for me. Drink if you have it – it’s too good to pass up but I’m sure it has time enough. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

05 has tightened up and lost the alcohol heat. Has become a much better vintage.

CdB—? Cote de Beaune? Clos de Beze?

Alan - Cote de Bouguerots I’m guessing :slight_smile:.
Thanks for the note Dale, I’ve had quite a few really good Fevre '05s. They did really well that vintage IMHO.

Correct! It was my shorthand for the Bougros 'Cote de Bouguerots".

BTW - What is the ‘Cote de Bouguerots’ anyway? A plot within the Bougros vineyard? I know it sets me back another $20 spot per bottle, but always competes toe to toe in most vintages with the Les Clos and Preuses at the top of the Fevre GC pyramid.

Cote de Bouguerots is the steeper & better section of soil within Bougros. Cote de Bouguerots is next to the steep/better section of Preuses I’m pretty sure. Definitely worth the extra money compared to the Bougros imo.

Nice to hear–thanks. I’ve got a few of those and was wondering how they were doing.