TN: 2005 Domaine Huet Vouvray Demi-Sec Clos du Bourg

• 2005 Domaine Huet Vouvray Demi-Sec Clos du Bourg - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray (9/20/2020)
    I am definitely a Chenin Blanc skeptic. I have had a few that amazed, but they were usually 50 year old versions. After the disaster that was 2002 Huet premox, I was not willing to take the chance on investing money in potential time bombs. Thankfully this 2005 did not suffer the fate of its 2002 brethren, and was in fact quite youthful and fresh. It had started to develop some interesting layers of complexity, and showed some aromatic/flavor nuances I was not expecting, and in fact could not even really pin down. As a drinker of German Riesling I was not at all put off by the demi-sec level of sweetness, and it actually worked very well alongside the black bean & chipotle soup I served for dinner. Left a glass or so to check on tonight. If this bottle was any indication there could be years and years of profitable development, but I don’t have any more to validate that premise.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for posting David - sounds very good. I share your pain re Le Mont 2002, the same happened to me! But equally I’m not surprised that your 05 was so good - I had a very enjoyable Clos du Bourg Sec 2005 this summer, just as fresh as yours.