TN: 2005 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Moulin-à-Vent

2005 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Moulin-à-Vent - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Moulin-à-Vent (7/13/2017)
Hope this was cork failure, as it was some what brown at the edge, and showed stewed, over-mature aromas of leaf decay and pruned fruit. My other bottles of the same wine (from the same source, consumed from 2008-2016) have always been very good, so maybe a one off. My last one, so no issues for me, but…

Posted from CellarTracker

My last two 2005 Moulin-a-Vents from a different producer were showing their age and obviously on the way to OTH when consumed about two years ago. Like yours multiple bottles consumed over a multi-year period prior were very enjoyable. So much so the the showing of my final two bottles was a surprise given that I didn’t expect it to go downhill so fast and also expected bottle variation.

Don’t know if this one was OTH, but from earlier this week, a Jadot…

"2005 Jadot Clos de Rochegres Moulin-a-Vent

An older Moulin or Beaujolais is always fun to try. Blind, I really don’t know where I’d be in identifying a grape here. There’s a certain dryness now to the fruit, not even so much in texture as in taste. Bits of earth and cocoa reinforce this. Decent structure, a wine of interest but not one I’d run after. Still, much thanks to Tim for opening."

Salud,

Mike