TN: 2005 Domaine Chantal Lescure Beaune 1er Cru Les Chouacheux

Amongst all the bottles on the table last night (6-8 from all styles and places), this wine did the epic beat down. With some of the recent banter I offered to my internet buddy Berry Crawford with the 2005 burgundy vintage, I did NOT bring this to the dinner–haha. However, this wine is top flight and I wish I could have tried another glass today. I’d be curious to ask some on the board who may read this post if they can suggest to me something comparable to this producer from the Beaune in 2005. I know there is some Jadot out there, maybe some others? I know styles and approaches vary but if there is a Beaune peer that might lay within kin to this wine, hit me with a reply. Great bottle below.

• 2005 Domaine Chantal Lescure Beaune 1er Cru Les Chouacheux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Beaune 1er Cru (1/16/2011)
    Wow, what a delicious wine. One of those bottles that makes me stop and ponder. Beautiful mix of red and blue fruit, nice spice, mineral underinning and a freshly tannic palate, along with some leather. This wine has years ahead of it but makes it so compelling right now, despite the structure, is the way the fruit expresses itself. Just a great wine to drink, should be one helluva wine in 3-5 years. Thank you Francine, the best wine of the year so far.

Posted from CellarTracker