TN: 2004 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir Ten

• 2004 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir Ten - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Rita Hills - Sta. Rita Hills (8/1/2009)
    A big styled California Pinot that really improved with some aeration. Very Nice, notes of spice and cinnamon. Can really stand up to food like duck

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the TN. How is the fruit holding up in this wine? I have a few bottles laying around but have never had one. Do you think it’s time to drink up or can they sleep more?

thanks - gk

Ki, thanks for the note on the Ten. While I no longer buy SS (as I fell of the list, I think), I do have a 2002 Ten left in the cellar and the last time we had one, about 18 months ago with Rob and Francine, it was excellent and at that time, had what I believed to be another 2-3 years of life and even improvement left. Been saving for the right occasion–thanks for the reminder.

Go Ducks.

FM 3: I fell off the list too, this was my last Ten that I bought. Still enjoyable. Go Kings. And Hawks. Almost time for pre season chatter.

Gene: lots of life in this one, can age easily 5 more yrs IMO. I just had to try it as I have always had the Botella and others but always saved the Ten.