TN: 2004 Littorai Pinot Noir Thieriot Vineyard (USA, Califor

• 2004 Littorai Pinot Noir Thieriot Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (5/22/2010)
    This blind could be mistaken for a Mugnier 1er Cru Chambolle Musigny Les Fuees IMO. A very pretty nose is followed by a refined palate of red fruit, mineral and spice. Very lacey texture and perfectly balanced with terrific length. This is a special PN. Littorai makes the best domestic PNs I’ve had to date. Paid $65 from the winery. Drink or hold. My last btl. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note.

I’ve had a few Littorai wines and always been impressed. Never tried a Theriot, something I hope to rectify soon.

Thanks for the note. Sounds great, especially considering the vintage. I still have my 02 Thieriots but I would suspect the 04 had progressed faster.

Jason

No experience with 02s. Just 04 and 06 so far. The 06 Summa is awesome stuff.

Ted really has a fine hand with Pinot in CA. Thanks for the note and I’ll have to check in on my '04s.

Since losing One Acre (the '01 might be the best CA Pinot I’ve ever had - possibly the best Pinot anywhere), my favourite vineyard is Savoy followed by Thierot. Delicious juice.

Well put Ken! Ted is the best IMO

Littorai 06 summa. Terrifyingly good if you lIke that style ( I do ).

i’ve been very impressed with the '98 and '06 hirsch and '06 savoy. this is one producer that will have a much larger holding in my cellar in the not too distant future.