TN: 2004 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2004 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (8/3/2009)
    Consumed with pork tenderloin with a pomegranate reduction. The wine was popped and poured and served on the cooler side. Nose shows lots of brown spice, pepper, cranberry and a little earth and smoke. The palate is what you would expect from a KB wine, big, rich and slightly briary. More cranberry, ripe WA cherries, a little earth and some heat coming along the sides on the tongue and finish - more of a distraction for me than Traci. All in a very good wine…have quite a few more of these and the RRV and I’ll probably consume them in the next 2 years.

Posted from CellarTracker

Quick Disclaimer - lest someone accuse me of something. I worked at Kosta Browne when this was bottled. I no longer have any affiliation with KB other than considering Michael and Dan friends.

Hey Tony, thanks for your note. Last weekend, with a roasted pig, a few friends and I tasted through nearly the entire 2003 and 2004 KB lineup (no 4 Barrel), along with a 2002 Sonoma Coast (which was rockin’). I didn’t take notes (never do), but the Sonoma Coast in each vintage was distinct (in a good way) from all of the other wines. And surprisingly, other than the Kanzler bottles, there was very little distinction detected between the other vineyards and RRV. The 2003 and 2004s remain big, bold pinots (with little typicity) but you know what you are going to get and they hit the spot on those occasions when the craving or mood strikes. And of these, the Kanzler is always my standout favorite.

Therein lies the problem for me.