TN: 2004 Château Léoville Las Cases (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien)

• 2004 Château Léoville Las Cases - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien (2/2/2012)
    MAN I love this wine…but I keep going against what I say from the last one…BIG decant, or let it age for another 5! So easy to PnP this…but it really does need some air. Silky smooth, creamy dark liqueur berry fruit…graphite shavings, exotic wood spice, creme de cassis, dark chocolate covered blueberries, wonderful fresh cut flower florals. Silky smooth, yet firm with dry spice tannin, and some acidic spice kick in the finish. That should age out nicely. Love the cold smoke, and graphite powder in this! Some young cigar wrapper and sweet leather as well. Really tasty now…but better in a few…if I’m lucky enough to have any left! +pts (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

You nailed it on the head with that note. This has been my favorite 04 to date, and I love the vintage. I haven’t had any of the first growths from 04, but the LLC is in a class of its own amongst the others I’ve had.

Love the 2004 vintage. I’ve been drinking 2004 Pontet Canet and Pichon Baron like it’s going out if style. According to my KL purchase history, I’ve gone through a case of each already over the past 3 years. Also had a couple of bottles of excellent 2004 Alter Ego de Palmer last week. They taste great now and I can’t imagine them not being even better in 5-10 more years.

“young cigar wrapper.” That;s a first for me. You mean like this?

Exactly!! [wow.gif]

another '04 strikes again!!! My favorite vintage of the 00’s, this vintage continues to impress

now go open a bottle of 04 smith haut lafitte…stunning!!!