TN: 2002 Emilio's Terrace Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

• 2002 Emilio’s Terrace Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (2/22/2013)
    What an interesting wine. The bouquet explodes from the glass from 2 feet away; pure cardamom, cola and cassis driven. The palate shows all that with a hi-toned verve of acidity. Notes of cedar, lead pencil and leather within a black fruit profile filled with black berries, currants & some Creme de Royal. Finish is long and true to the fruit. This wine would make lovers of classically styled Cabernet weep; pure classic and focused. Beautiful save for the wee bit of acidity riding into my nose. The best showing of the 4 I purchased back in 2010. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I completely agree, Mike- the Emilio’s Terrace Reserves from 01 and 02 are stellar- classic claret with no jammy character whatsoever. The '01 is even better than the '02, IMHO. Thanks for jogging my memory of these beauties!

Their face to the public, Ira Zuckerman, poured at the table next to me at one of the few Family Winemakers tastings I poured at. Ira was a gentleman who had such enthusiasm for the wine business. He offered me a ride to the airport in the limo he had secured - problem was, part way there, we realized our flights were from different airports! How hilarious.

Sadly, he passed a few years ago at the young age of 66. Ira - you were a pleasure.

Great story.