TN: 2002 Domaine Georges Mugneret/Mugneret-Gibourg Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Chaignots

• 2002 Domaine Georges Mugneret/Mugneret-Gibourg Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Chaignots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (5/6/2014)
    This has not budged much at all since my last note in 2011, so I’ll paste it here “Great spice and a touch of stems or greenness that is additive. Asian almost Vosne spice, Supple, with beautiful sap and depth. Rich and plush but not fat. This is lovely, generous, young pinot showing very well. Beautiful wine”. Vosne spice meets NSG body. This is approachable now and showing youthfully beautifully, and I suspect there is no crime in drinking this now if you have a few bottles, but I think it will be better in 5-10. Based on this trajectory from my last bottle, I’ll drink the next one in 3-5 years and see what happens. A lovely, terribly well balanced giving wine . Beautiful stuff. 93 pts. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Todd. Sounds great I don’t think I have had a Les Caignots that hasn’t impressed. 2002 is a favourite 1er vintage for me so enough stars were aligned. Cheers Mike

Thanks for the note. Love this wine year in, year out. Recently finished my 2000s and started on the 01s. Will take your advice and hold off on the 02s for a few years yet.

Very nice wine. Thanks for the note Todd.

Thanks for reading everyone. I do love this wine and as their gc’s get further aloft, I appreciate this wine more and more.

Cheers

Their Nuits- Vignes Rondes (which they used to sell mainly in Japan?)…is also worth seeking out.