TN: 2001 Karl Lawrence Aldin Red Table Wine

This seemed like the right choice on a wet and cold Tuesday night. At age 10 this has held up incredibly well and it was a real treat. While I am not so sure they Aldin wines of today will last this long I am happy that I have one more bottle of this.

One thing I noticed was that there was no mention of the alcohol percentage on the label. IIRC, since it is labeled as “Red Table Wine”, does this imply that it is under 14% and it does not legally need to state that on the label?

• 2001 Karl Lawrence Aldin Red Table Wine - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/17/2011)
    Decanted for about an hour in the bottle prior to this note. Just a bit of bricking at the edges with a blood red and black core. Soft supple nose of dark red licorice, raspberry reduction sauce and a touch of vanilla. Underneath all the fruit is a complex nose of black olive, cedar box, wet warm asphalt and baking spice. Medium body on the palate with good balance of acid and tannin. Fruit is present and has rounded out nicely with age. More dark red fruits in the mouth, oak spice and some lead pencil? The tannins are not fully resolved but integrated nicely. For my tastes this is at peak now and should drink well for a year or two. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

No.

I don’t write the alcohol but i have blend in my notes:

62% Cabernet - Morisoli, Herb Lamb, and Beckstoffer To Kalon vineyards
24% Merlot - Boeschen Vineyard
14% Cab Franc - Beckstoffer To Kalon vineyard

I finished my bottles but I really liked this wine

I tried looking around but couldn’t find this; thanks for the info Gene!

Good to see you’re drinking well on a cold and rainy Tuesday night, Tyler.