TN: 2001 Domaine Armand Rousseau Père et Fils Clos de la Roche

• 2001 Domaine Armand Rousseau Père et Fils Clos de la Roche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos de la Roche Grand Cru (9/22/2010)
    Drinking very very well and yet will definitely benefit from 3-5 more years. Wonderful classic Burg nose of damp forest floor and roses. An erethral feather weight Burg with elegance and percision and yet, beguiling Grand Cru power in spades. This doesn’t wap you, it seduces you as only great burgundy can. Loved it! Glad I have two more. BTW, it wouldn’t surprize me if critcs gave this 87-89pts. It’s not an over manipulated monster but rather a perfect expression of place with no flaws. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Craig,
Thanks for the note on this, very good to know. Didn’t buy this one (although I did buy the '02), sounds like a real mistake on my part.

Cheers,
-Robert

Had this wine a couple weeks ago and Craig is spot on. Lovely bottle of wine that is just beginning to show its potential IMO.

I thought it showed a little bit lean that night. I’m going to hold off a few years before opening mine fosho

Charlie our btl added weight as the night went on. The nose was so enticing.

Here’s my take Craig.
Based on the trend, I’d hold off on drinking these for at least 2-3 years and would have no fear of decline for years beyond that.

• 2001 Domaine Armand Rousseau Père et Fils Clos de la Roche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos de la Roche Grand Cru (9/22/2010)
    My fourth go at this wine (first since 3/08) and, while the best showing yet, this is still years from peak. Thin cherry red color with black hues. Youthful nose featuring sweet red fruit, mineral and oak. Compact cherry flavors coupled with a silky texture are most promising, but tannins come on strong by mid-palate and produce a drying finish. Enjoyable to drink now and showing much better than the last bottle, but should reach even greater heights in the future. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker