TN: 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Sleepy Hollow Vineyard

• 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Sleepy Hollow Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (9/6/2010)
    Darker ruby hue. Nose of blackberry liqueur, briars, iodine, earth. Dense but finely-delineated fruit on the palate, mostly mulberry and black raspberry, plus elements of licorice and forest floor. Moderate acidity and more pliant tannins keep this bottle wonderfully balanced, leading to a long, grippy finish with mineral, tobacco, and dark fruit notes echoing nicely. Probably the most complexity yet shown in a long run of 01 Sleepy Hollow, but alas our last bottle. A most satisfying wine. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sleepy Hollow is my favorite vineyard of Arcadian, both Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. I drank a bottle of the 2001 Pinot back in January, and it was delicious, and I thought it still had plenty of life left. My hope is that I can hold onto 1 bottle for another few years.

I do dig this wine.
I’m with Diane, Joe and Sleepy Hollow is a winning combo across the board.
Wished I had some more of the '01.
Was stellar when I last had it in fall '09.
Great note Doug.

Joe poured this at the open house and it was delicious. Really enjoyed it and need to hunt some down!

Philip, Diane, Dennis, Charlie,

I hope I can find some more around here as well. It’s been our go-to pinot for a long time. I would guess that the 01 Sleepy Hollow could age a good 5 years more, developing even more complexity and tertiary characteristics. Joe’s got a good thing going.

Cheers,
Doug

i’ve had about 8-9 bottles from the '90s and all were spectacular! i wouldn’t hesitate letting the '01 age for a few more years.

Kevin,

Good to know these beauties can age even more than I thought. Would be great to land a few bottles from the 90’s.

Cheers,
Doug

Mr. Lee,

thanks for celebrating my dads birthday by drinking one of hie favorite wines. My mom opened a 2000 Garys’ Pinot for dinner with friends. We had a lamb loin to go with it.

Now that post right above mine is about one of the coolest things I’ve seen on a wine board.
Guess I’m going to have to start watching my language. [basic-smile.gif]
Cheers Francesca! [cheers.gif] Your Dad rocks!

Oh, and I just happened to order a mixed 6 pack of the '01 Sleepy Hollow and the '00 and ‘01 Garys’ pinot. I know the two ‘01s are great…anxious to try the 2000 Garys’.

OK folks, everyone is going to have to clean up their acts…Francesca is in the house.

Francesca,

When do you think the '01 Francesca will enter it’s prime drinking window? Welcome to the board!!!
Oooops, guess I need to clean up the avatar.

I gotta say, Russ, I’ve never been sure exactly what that is in your avatar, but I don’t wanna know!

Welcome Francesca. Yes, your Dad (and your namesake wine, and the Sleepy Hollow, and well, every wine your Dad makes…) rocks!

Hi Francesca,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and welcome to the board. I am sure you know that your Dad’s wines are much admired by those of us who are wine enthusiasts. I have purchased some of your namesake bottlings but they are sleeping soundly in the cellar until they are ready (which by the tenor of this thread could be a long time!).

Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Best regards,
Doug