TN: 2000 Maurice Écard Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Narbantons

I guess I like this more than the previous CT tasters, or perhaps I just waited long enough as I thought this terrific. I am also pre-disposed as I’m a big fan of Ecards and have had great success with the SLB 1ers as they approach 20.

• 2000 Maurice Écard Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Narbantons - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru (9/8/2017)
    This one opens with the smell of aged red Burgundy. Forest floor, fall weather, it smells like football season and sweaters. There is a lively red fruit that really zings right out of the glass. A youthful vibrancy. Creamy mid-palate comes on backed by tart red fruit. Over an hour plus, each glass was as good as the last. This seems to be doing just fine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Drank a 99 a few months ago that was just singing. These remain really good values if they ever hit the market with age.

Totally agree. I bought up a bunch of mid-90s several years ago (various auctions) and have nothing but good to great experiences.
Terrific values. Terrific wines.

Funny, I was talking to a retailer, and Ecard came up. He said something to the effect that he couldn’t understand why Ecard sold off his holdings at the expense of his son who has to rent land.

Anyway, I just bought some 1996 Narbantons, and cannot wait to open them.

Nice, Mark. I have a handful of notes on CT on mid '90s Ecards. '95-96 Peiullets and '96-98 Narbantons and Jarrons. I’d buy any of those wines again all day long.
Hope yours show well! That I’d bet they do! Cheers.

This sounds really good, Dennis. I have some but not a lot of experience with Ecard. I have more experience with the wines of Narbantons in general and find that they have a round, tender, suppleness to them other Savigny-les-Beaune wines seldom have. I can appreciate that this 2000 was singin’.