TN: 2000 Domaine Robert Arnoux / Arnoux-Lachaux Romanée St. Vivant

• 2000 Domaine Robert Arnoux / Arnoux-Lachaux Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (6/13/2016)
    A bit apprehensive given all the poor CT notes.

Cork was pristine and without a hint of TCA.

Double decanted for sediment and then back in the bottle 3 hours prior to dinner.

Great from the beginning. Very elegant and pretty. Nice clean red fruit with plenty of spice. Sweet and soft on the palate yet elegant. Excellent.

It seems to be in an ideal spot for my tastes. Not sure there is much upside potential to this.

Perfect with roast duck.

Posted from CellarTracker

Not sure there is much upside potential to this.

Will taste the Echezeaux in a few days - and have had the Suchots in January.
If no real “upside potential” (it will get finer still) I guess at least remaining on the plateau for another 6-9 years (talking about well-stored bottles).

More like 5-10 :wink:

I would probably agree. It held up quite well throughout the night.

Fred…curious…how you decant…i assume you leave some wine with sediment…then throw that out? Can you be specific…

i’ve been flitering (the usual, coffee filter) and then pouring back to rest…recently more than I had been. I’m not sure.

Also…fwiw, had a Chevillon Vaucrains 2000 Sunday night/last night…though better last night…though it dominated by alcohol…and , also, not heading anywhere good, ie, no improvement.

Wondering about 2000 at this point and what it’s future is.