TN: 2000 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate Blanc (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

• 2000 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate Blanc - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (1/12/2018)
    Tasted at cellar temp and as it warmed. Bright, deep yellow/gold. Fresh nose of citrus marmalade, lanolin and a touch of coconut. Soft but lifted palate impression leads to flavors of simmered exotic citrus, green fruits–all gently wrapped in sexy oak. Very long and persistant on the finish, this is a remarkable New World take on a top White Bordeaux. Although it saw 100% new oak, it wears it well. At 17 years old this is really hitting its stride. Not a hint of oxidation. Drink now through 2022. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I think this is year in and year out, probably the best white wine made in Washington.

Though the oak treatment seems to see saw a bit from one year to the next, I’m generally in agreement with you Scott.

Cool note John, I would have never though to hold one so long. Impressive!

+1

Thanks John for the note. I have drank several of these young and enjoyed them a lot. I am a fan of DeLilles reds and whites. I have a btl of the 99 Blanc staring at me in my cellar that I assumed was over the hill From your note sounds like I should open it soon and I might be pleasantly surprised.