TN: 2000 Château St Martin de la Garrigue Coteaux du Languedoc Bronzinelle

• 2000 Château St Martin de la Garrigue Coteaux du Languedoc Bronzinelle - France, Languedoc Roussillon, Languedoc, Coteaux du Languedoc (12/30/2010)
    Some tart dark berry plum, cherry fruit…leather, garrigue funk, green herbs(menthol), really bright/sour acidity, dusty and rustic. Pretty harsh, not a great balance, abrupt dry finish…but I like the flavors…needs some rustic beef stew! This wine has never wowed me. (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I just enjoyed a 2008 a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good; no rough edges or green flavors, though I’ve never tried one of these with a little age on them.

Is it the vintage? I recently had a somewhat respectable retailer extoll the virtues of the 2008. Haven’t had either so…whaddo I know? Are these age-able? I have some 2005. Maybe I should pop one.

I consider this wine to be one of the greatest bargains out of Southern France - '00 was kind of a strange vintage for this wine and I always thought it peaked early (it was quite forward early in it’s evolution and I thought it might start drying out early) -

I still have a few bottles of the '98 that are in superb condition - and a mag of the '90 I keep forgetting about -