TN: 2000 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)

• 2000 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (6/29/2021)
    This was not showing at full potential. Funk, gravel, cigar, red currants, earth and minerals. A lot of sediment in this bottle. Medium to long finish. I would actually hold this for another 5 years. Plenty of life left. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Ah didn’t see it before. I popped one open last weekend and found the oak to be intrusive. Not sure if it will integrate or where it will go from here. Somewhat dissapointed given the vintage.

1 Like

This needs some time at this stage.

This used to be one of the stars of the vintage…

Thanks for the note. I’ve got one of these in the fridge but sounds like it will need a few years.

Used to be?

I bought a six-pack of these right after they came out. We had one right after purchasing and one around 6 years ago, and they were both excellent. Sounds like I may give these a few more years.

Ed

The reviews above seem to be rating it considerably lower than I would have expected…

I am in no way worried. The wine will always have the last word.

Had the wine in 2011 and gave it 96. Just wasn’t showing well and the Figgins 2013 was drinking much better on this night.

I hope so. I had this at the Domaine way back in 2003 or 2004 and was blown away. Have not touched a single bottle since, mais l’heure approche…