TN: 1999 Maison Roche de Bellene Chambolle-Musigny Vieilles Vignes

Love those 99 red burgs. Unfortunately this happens to be only the second 99 that hasn’t been outright delicious. The first being a 99 Chevillion LSG.

• 1999 Maison Roche de Bellene Chambolle-Musigny Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny (12/7/2016)
    Completely resolved pleasant aged burg. A bit generic. I would guess NSG or Gevery if blinded. Some earth, dusty red fruit, forest leaves. Fruit fades after an hour. Fine with roast chicken.

Second bottle a few days later pretty much the same. Touch of earth and barnyard, starts out with enough fruit to make it pleasant drinking. Declines after an hour or so.

Bought them at $65 each. Would not reload at that price or any price for that matter.

Posted from CellarTracker

Hi Fred,
Was this a “Collection Bellenum” bottling? [i.e. not actually produced by Nicolas Potel, but sourced by him from other producers’ cellars]. Roche de Bellene’s first production of Potel’s own wines date from 2007, AFAIK.

Yes it was. According to Burghound’s notes on the 2002, the original producers corks were left in place so you could know who produced them. These two corks however only had the year and vineyard information. Nothing on the producer.

Hi Fred,
I have a case of 1999 Volnay VV from this Collection - reviewed favourably by Jancis some years back. Not touched it yet.

I hope it shows better than the bottles I had.