TN: 1999 Geantet-Pansiot Charmes-Chambertin

• 1999 Geantet-Pansiot Charmes-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru (5/25/2014)
    For me, the best Charmes are expressive, concentrated and hedonistic wines that are not terribly complex. This is a wonderful example. Still quite youthful and not showing a lot of tertiary, expressive nose displaying mostly black fruits with a hint of red, blackberry, strawberry rhubarb pie, dark spices and earth. Very good concentration, round and warm fruit driven palate impression, good acidity and noticeable but nicely integrated tannins. Another five years of cellaring will add more tertiary notes. Very enjoyable. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

man you got a good btl, when I had it last year (about 360 days ago) it was pretty closed and the palate was kinda boring.

I don’t think you will find too many Charmes with layered fruits, perhaps Bachelet and Roty being exceptions.

ah, a burgundy for bordeaux/rhone lovers!

not saying that, I’m saying my bottle was boring and nothing like what you described, btl variation is a bitch :smiley:

Love to see, if tasted blind. [wow.gif]

Even the best charmes are a bit boaring, IMO compare to even CSJ.

I would agree that in general charmes is boring and kinda sucks for a grand cru, but after having the 88 bachelet charmes, I know at least one producer can make an awesome wine out of charmes. Not boring in the slightest