TN: 1997 Cerbaiona (Molinari) Brunello di Montalcino

• 1997 Cerbaiona (Molinari) Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (12/13/2019)
    A fantastically perfumed deep nose with dark strawberry, rose, spice, and basil- menthol cooling herbal notes. Full bodied, rich and expansive on the palate with terrific sap. There is breadth and depth, power coupled with grace. There is a ton going on, but what is the most impressive aspect of this wine is that everything is in near perfect harmony. Rich and dense, yet supple and effortless. It’s opulent in the best way possible, all with balancing acidity that keeps it fresh. A complex, yet equally seamless, fantastic expression of its grape and terroir with terrific inner mouth perfume and equally terrific length. This bottling is consistently one of my favorite sangiovese based wines I’ve ever had. Fantastic and at peak. One of, if not the, best bottle of this I have had. Beguiling. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

The old pilot really knew how to make some seriously good wine. For me, one of the tops with Soldera and Biondi-Santi. It’s a travesty what they’ve done to the estate now.