TN: 1994 Robert Craig Affinity (USA, California, Napa Valley)

1994 Robert Craig Affinity - USA, California, Napa Valley (3/6/2023)
An old friend from back in the day...last bottle from release, decanted for sediment...the color is gorgeous garnet black cherry, youthful Burgundy-esk...big nose of tobacco wrapper, sous bois earth, plum liqueur, cherry cordials, pencil...in the mouth surprisingly youthful with some tart cherry, pomegranate, plum fruit...acid kicked up, the once rich and ripe fruit is thinning...not really complexing, but nothing off putting either...some tobacco and walnut oil...dried herbs...but i'm diggin the brightness...youthful silky sheen of fine tannins...finish a little bitter...still quite satisfying for the old bugger! Always nice to end a producer and wine from the cellar on a good note. Cheers my friend! (92 points)

And…before there was CELLAR TRACKER…my old 3x5 card notes on this wine 25 years ago! Don’t laugh…I was just starting out! Before there was Cellar Tracker...

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes

Great note Buzz, and great memories of that wine…I bought a bunch back in the day at Wine Library. Happy to see it is still going strong!

1 Like

Always pretty good. We recently had a couple of 2009’s that were really singing.

1 Like

One of my favorite Affinity wines. Thanks for the tasting note.