TN: 1992 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet

1992 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet, Napa Valley. I had a busy but great week at work so I wanted to open something freaking awesome. Yep…this should do the trick, ha! Beautiful magenta color with almost zero bricking. In the mouth this is glorious with red fruits, cassis, and a hint of cinnamon on the long, acid-filled finish. Medium+ bodied with tannins fully integrated. This is at peak right now and an absolute pleasure to drink. Makes me very bullish on what my 2010’s and 2012’s will become down the road (kids birth-years). Life is good!

16 Likes

Looks killer! So glad it showed well.

1 Like

Thank you! Definitely exactly what i was hoping for tonight. Gotta love when that happens, ha! :cheers:

1 Like

Strange it doesn’t look like dirt… actually looks Amazing!!!

3 Likes

Awesome it showed well for you, Rich!! Pretty sure that one is the best CA Cab I’ve had.

1 Like

I had a 85 bella oaks a week ago. It needed 3-4 hours of air and showed so well. Great acidity and light but fresh rasberry and cherry flavors.

3 Likes

Glad it was all you hoped for Bud! Cheers!

1 Like

Come on now, my wines don’t look like dirt! Well…not all of them at least, ha! :wink:

Thanks Brian! And i can for sure agree with that high praise! :cheers:

1 Like

Cheers pal! Hope you’re drinking well this weekend (which I’m sure you are) :cheers:

Not as good as you! Had a 2015 Rocca Cab-Grigsby Vineyard last night. Really nice after 45 mins in the decanter.

Sounds like you’re doing just fine my man! Here’s to a great Saturday!

13.5 abv—love how those older and fresher styled Napa wines have aged.

6 Likes

Totally agree! Can’t beat it!

2 Likes

One man’s diet is another man’s treasure? All jokes aside it looks and sounds like the wine is in a perfect place and condition to help offset a brutal week. Cheers and to many more beautiful experiences!

2 Likes

Great color! Amazing note! Another fantastic pull!!

1 Like

Thanks bud! Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Most importantly did the capsule spin?

2 Likes

Luckily for me…it did!! :wink:

1 Like