TN: 1989 Kuentz-Bas Gewurztraminer Pfersigberg Cuvée Jeremy Sélection de Grains Noble

• 1989 Kuentz-Bas Gewurztraminer Pfersigberg Cuvée Jeremy Sélection de Grains Noble - France, Alsace, Alsace Grand Cru (1/11/2017)
    Apricot, lovely touch of burnt sugar on the nose. Orange, brown color. Apricot, green tea, hazelnut, typical gewurztraminer grape flavors but much less pronounced, sugar level low, acids slight. This fills your mouth with its round flavors. Drink by itself or with a cheese course with apricot or pear paste or a light dessert. This shows no signs of dropping off and I could see these lasting another 20 years easily to 2036. Lovely drink. A real pleasure. Wow. (98 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Awesome note!! Big fan of Gewurz. Wish it got more love here.

Sounds really interesting. Only thing that gives me pause is the “slight acids” comment as in general I like a bit more zing. Overall sounds very compelling though. Great note!!!

Pungo has allowed me to try this again and again. I wish I could find more. Jason, enough zing to please, I think.

IMG_6529.JPG

Sounds fantastic. Kuentz-Bas was one of my intros to Alsace and gewurztraminer, but don’t see it much in DC anymore.