TN:09' Maybach Meterium

09’ Maybach Meterium- Out of a .375, nose is very pretty, not heavy, lavender, sarsaparilla, vanilla, pretty flowers, crayola and Dr. Pepper. Palate has great zip, nice acidity, blackberry, vanilla, Dr. pepper, a bit of Earth, straight forward but really drinkable, delicious.

Yep. I concur. One of my favorite young Maybachs.

I’m glad I have 2 halfs and 3 fulls!
Reading this won’t help me not open my halfs…

I figure it is better to add my TNs here rather than starting my own thread. It was drank at Marks duckhouse.

• 2009 Maybach Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Materium - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (4/20/2012)
    This bottle displays the typical ripe Maybach fruits. Ripe blue fruits, blackberry liquor, vanilla milkshake and bitter chocolate. The palate is dusty and chewy yet the middle note is hollow. The ripe sweet fruits stick out and the overall impression is disjointed. I asked a few participants for their rating and I got, 85, 87, 92, 94 and 96 and most of them are cali cult lovers with very good palates. I find the need to point out that stylistically this is very different than Schraders, Harlan, Araujo and others. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Materium.
:slight_smile: