Thursday, 4/30/09...What's Everyone Drinking Tonigh

Right now is a house made margarita with Cointreau and Tres Generaciones Plata.

Later will the remnants of the 2006 Clos Saint Jean CdP V.V.

After that, I’ll crack into something to go with dinner.

Gatorade while I am playing hockey.

It’s 65° and perfectly sunny here… '07 Gurrutxaga Txakolina Rosé.

I’ve got a 6 pk of little Coors Light, perfect for softball. 8 oz can, easy to fit in pocket or pound if need be.

Sweet…tell Dridge I said hi.

2004 Hazyblur Shiraz Adelaide Plains. I figured I would try an Australian Shiraz that I got from Garagiste.

I had one glass last night and it was pretty much a chocolate milkshake, it even had a milkshake mouthfeel to it.

Stuck it in the fridge and hope it’s better tonight…

Will do – although I am blaming him for me missing the 07 Port tasting in the city. Some BS about Comcast.

And where is my invite?

2006 Walter Hansel PN Cuvee Alyce. Not a Wow wine, but pairs well enough with Bulls-Celtics Game 6.

Half & Half made with Stone Brewing’s Porter and Arrogant Bastard Ale with spicy tamales for dinner.

Betcha can’t say that 3 times fast.

Loratidine for me. F***ing allergies. [cray.gif]

Just cracked a 1994 Schloss Schönborn Hochheimer Hölle Riesling Kabinett.

Will also open a 2007 Joseph Drouhin St. Véran to see if I want to buy a few more.

Making U-10 shrimp tacos tonight. [good.gif]

2007 Château Ducasse Blanc

2005 Alban Vineyards Syrah Reva Alban Estate Vineyard

Thawed out a half bottle of 2007 KB Keefer Ranch. [good.gif]

Forgive my ignorance, but is the Ducasse related to Larcis Ducasse?

05 Twisted Oak Torcido. local and yummy.

Just opened a 2003 Maison Bouachon CdP La Tiare du Pape. Have two more bottles left and I want them gone.

Tried a couple of cheapies…

05 Hannah Nicole Meritage (pretty awful)
06 Carro Tinto

It’s already Friday, 2:30pm here, the 1st of May, which happens to be my 44th birthday. I also happen to be down with a bad sinus/throat infection which drove me to start taking antibiotics (I don’t usually take medicine, I prefer to get over minor illness naturally). I had to miss golf because of my illness, but have to take my immediate family (wife, children, siblings and father) out to my traditional birthday dinner - reservations are for 7:30pm at a favored Spanish restaurant. The chef, a Basque fellow from San Sebastian, is preparing a menu of my old favorites: Kokotxas, Pulpo a la Gallega, Boquerónes frescas, Escalivada, Besugo al Horno, Chuleton, Paella Verduras, etc.

Will serve simple wines as I really can’t taste or smell much now: '07 Laxas Albariño, '07 Marco Real Homenaje Rosado, '02 Alion.

Happy Birthday! Hope you feel better.