Three staple items in your fridge that probably aren't in most folks...

You guys keep fish sauce in the fridge? And vinegars?

Anchovy paste. Makes any salad dressing better.

i keep mine in the cabinet. My bottle actually says “do not refrigerate”

My kind of cook!

Actually it was a suitcase full of frozen monkey brains and it was a true story. It represented a month’s worth of work by 4 researchers.

at least 5 different mustards
bacon fat
cinnamon/nutmeg butter

In the freezer:

• white truffle butter made with Oregon whites and plugra butter
  • lobster shells
  • grass fed beef

In the pantry:

• pimenton
  • barley (used once, probably won’t touch it ever again)
  • juniper berries

Really tough crowd for this question. I think many here on average have 2/3 of the items listed above?

Tamarind
Blachan
Kaya

We’re talkin’ most folks, not Berserker folks, right?

With the exception of what is in John Liotta’s fridge (for which, in one case, there is only 1 of a kind), I stock many of the items already mentioned.

To the list, I will add THREE STAPLES (as requested):
In the refrigerator:

1. Pomegranate molasses - great addition to my barbecue sauce;
    2.Home made hot sauce (three different kinds);
  2. Miso paste (red and white).

In the freezer and/or pantry (although that wasn’t part of the topic request - so you have every right to flame away), I’ll add:

1. Galangal Root (try cooking Thai food without it) is in the freezer;
  2. Rice Paper and rice sticks;
  3. Truffle oil and/or truffle paste (add spoonful of paste to melted butter and some chopped wilted spinach and pour over fresh pasta and you’ll undestand why it is a staple).

Kaya?
as in . . .
“Got to have kaya now (kaya, kaya),
For the rain is fallin’!”

Since I’m from and live in southeast Asia, I’d probably have what would be considered the most unusual:

1. pure mini-crab roe - “taba ng talangka”
  2. fermented fish paste/sauce - “bagoong”
  3. shredded-pickled green papaya - “achara”/“atsara”

The first 2 are used as ingredients or for dipping; the 3rd is a side, usually served with grilled or fried pork chops or chicken. The mini-crab roe makes for a good pasta sauce as well - drizzled lightly with a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice, very nice.

we also usually have a large jar of “dulong” a very tiny fish (Pandaka pygmaea, a.k.a., dwarf/pygmy gobi) - sautéed with a bit of garlic and chili flakes, used as a topping for toasted baguette or used in an omelette, or as a pasta sauce. Very creamy and savory.

Edited a typo

dried bonito flakes
kamaboko (fish cake)
umi boshi

question for all of those that posted “lime juice”…why don’t you just get limes and juice them?

as for the question posed in the thread, the only thing not mentioned yet would be curry paste

I didn’t mention curry paste because I thought it might not be that uncommon. I have home-made curry paste in my fridge all the time and use it frequently.

I feed my cat dried bonito flakes!

Katsuobushi in the fridge??? Where do you keep your Aonori?

I do keep the umeboshi in the fridge but I’m not sure why. I think they are too salty to spoil.

Bonito flakes as well.

1. 1% milk
  2. Margarine
  3. Bacon bits

Requirments for Kraft Mac & Cheese. [winner.gif]